Since I pretty much abandoned my readers this holiday season, let me fill you in on where the last month went at least. As for the other 11 months (or last 10 years for that matter), I really can’t tell ya.
- I managed to avoid getting overly drunk at my department’s holiday shin dig this year (although last year’s conversation, which has been aptly titled “Confessions of Hanson Fan,” was brought up again).
- Fiance (still getting used to that word!) and I visited the snowy, Christmas-y, Bavarian town of Leavenworth, WA and ate delicious German food. I am now a huge fan of red sauerkraut.
- We celebrated all kinds of holiday merriment with our families.
- We may have found a good method to celebrate with all of our families without dragging ourselves around the entire state of Washington in a single day.
In all, I was able to keep my cool much better than I did last year. No Grinch here this holiday season!
- Keep calm and carry on- no Bridezilla!
- Do a better job investing in my health (a.k.a lose weight). And/or purchase a forgiving dress.
- Survive whatever happens if the world decides to implode on Dec. 21, 2012 (but that’s after the wedding/honeymoon so…whatevs).
I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a good year indeed!